Deadline: 22 March 2019
During the conference, side meetings on non-commercial matters organized by participants can be reserved for up to two successive time blocks free of charge in the rooms mentioned below. Commercial meetings (e.g. editorial board meetings) can be booked in these rooms for €200 for smaller enterprises (up to 10 full-time employees) or €400 for larger enterprises (more than 10 full-time employees) per time block.
Terms and conditions
- To book a splinter-meeting room, you must first apply by filling out the splinter-meeting request form. Your request will then be handled by Copernicus Meetings on a first-come, first-served basis, and your splinter meeting will appear in the splinter-meetings programme. This schedule is tentative.
- The EGU Programme Committee Chair will review all splinter meetings two weeks prior to the conference. Hereby, EGU retains the right to reject splinter-meeting requests.
- Please note that splinter-meeting rooms can not be used for session extensions.
- Splinter-meeting rooms are equipped with a data projector. Laptops, microphones, and internet are not provided. However, the general conference WiFi network is also available in those rooms.
- A change of the seating style is not possible.
- All splinter-meeting participants need to be registered for the conference.
The following rooms are available:
|2.17||Red Level 2 (second floor)||U-shape, catering facilities (20 persons)|
|2.61||Red Level 2 (second floor)||U-shape, catering facilities (20 persons)|
|2.83||Red Level 2 (second floor)||U-shape, catering facilities (20 persons)|
|0.15||Yellow Level 0 (ground floor)||classroom style, catering facilities (40 persons)|
|0.16||Yellow Level 0 (ground floor)||classroom style, catering facilities (37 persons)|
|0.51||Yellow Level 0 (ground floor)||classroom style, catering facilities (28 persons)|
For separate meetings outside the congress centre, rooms of various sizes are available in nearby hotels (e.g. NH Danube City or Arcotel Kaiserwasser). Rental fees have to be borne by the splinter-meeting organizer(s).
Organizers can arrange catering at their own expense. The General Assembly caterer Motto Catering must be contacted by completing the order form by 31 March 2019 at the very latest.