- Registration for the EGU General Assembly 2019 is secured via payment of the appropriate registration fee.
- There is no waiving of registration fees except for scientists receiving a Roland Schlich travel award or an EGU award or medal.
- Renew your EGU membership to benefit from reduced registration rates and to be eligible to submit (before 10 January 2019) an abstract to the EGU. You can renew your membership while registering for the meeting.
- The registration fee includes participation in the meeting and a public transportation ticket. The public transportation ticket is valid Monday–Friday, 8–12 April 2019, within Vienna (Zone 100). Please note that this ticket does not cover the transportation to and from the airport.
Early registration rates are available until 28 February 2019 and provide two payment options: (a) by credit card or (b) by bank transfer. However, if you want to purchase an EGU membership while registering, the payment is by credit card only. Participants from most European countries can choose to receive their name badges by mail about 8–10 days prior to the conference if payment is received by 28 February 2019.
Standard registration rates are applied after 28 February 2019 and until the end of the conference. These rates can be paid online by credit card only or on site by credit card or cash. However, online registration in advance of the conference is strongly recommended.
|Categories||Early registration rates
(deadline 28 Feb 2019)
|Standard registration rates|
|Week ticket||Day ticket||Week ticket||Day ticket|
|EGU regular member 2019 (1)||€390||€205||€420||€225|
|EGU PhD student member 2019 (1) (*)||€225||€120||€260||€145|
|EGU emeritus member 2019 (1) (**)||€225||€120||€260||€145|
|PhD student non-member (*)||€345||€230||€375||€250|
|Emeritus non-member (**)||€345||€230||€375||€250|
|Student (undergraduate or master) (*)||€115||€60||€115||€60|
|(1)||Participants having paid their annual membership fee for 2019 to the European Geosciences Union (EGU) and/or to the American Geophysical Union (AGU)/Asia Oceania Geosciences Society (AOGS)/Japan Geoscience Union (JpGU).|
|(*)||Please provide proof of status and note that it may take up to two working days to change your status to "student", which is necessary for keeping the early registration rate. Please remember that the database status "student" is necessary in order to register at any of the student registration rates ("PhD student" and "student").|
|(**)||Aged 60 or older and retired from full-time employment. Please note that it may take up to two working days to change your status to "emeritus", which is relevant for keeping the early registration rate.|
In addition to the scientific attendees, there are four special types of attendees as follows:
- Persons taking care of attendees with reduced mobility (PRM) are free of charge. Their registration can only be acquired on site at the registration help desk in combination with a paid scientific attendee with reduced mobility.
- Kids of paid scientific attendees under the age of 18 are free of charge. Their registration can only be acquired on site at the registration help desk.
- Visiting non-scientific partners taking care of children under the age of 16 have to pay a registration fee that can only be acquired on site at the registration help desk and only in combination with the partner being a paid scientific attendee. Non-scientific partners without taking care of a child under the age of 16 have to register on normal registration rates.
- Side event visitors have to pay a registration fee that can only be acquired on site at the registration help desk with a validity reduced to the respective day.
- Please note: translators are seen as active participants and have to pay regular fees (see above). Background: a) one must be a scientist to be able to translate the science appropriately and b) the official conference language is English.
The opening hours of the registration counters on-site are as follows:
Instructions for online registration
- Please ensure you have read and understood the cancellation policy on registration conditions as provided on the website.
- All information should be typed in upper and lower case (e.g. John Smith).
- You will have the opportunity to review and edit any registration details before the final stage of payment.
- 60 minutes is the maximum time allowance to complete the form before the system times out.
- The current versions of Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer are the preferred platforms for use of the forms.
Terms and conditions
- Early registration must be accompanied by payment. Otherwise, it will not be processed and the standard registration rates will be applied.
- Registrations are for the persons specified and are non-transferable.
- Registration for the conference implies the acceptance of the rules of conduct.
- Changes to registration invoices are only possible with regard to the invoice address or order references. Any such claims must be received by Copernicus Meetings no later than six weeks after the last day of the conference. Later requests cannot be considered.
- Changes to the registration rate selected in the finalized registration form, including received invoice, are only possible for unpaid invoices. In this case, the attendee is asked to cancel the registration order and to place a new one through the registration form, including the correct registration rate. Please note that the deadline for early registration also applies in these cases.
- Registration fees will only be refunded if the notice of cancellation is received by Copernicus Meetings before 28 February 2019. The cancellation fee is €50.
- Cancellations after 28 February 2019 and no-shows are not eligible for a refund.
- There is no reason (including but not limited to illness, inability to travel, visa application rejection, travel restrictions, etc.) for registration cancellation that makes the above-mentioned deadline for cancellations inapplicable.
The organizers cannot accept liability for personal accident, loss, or damage to private property, which may be incurred as a result of the participation in the EGU General Assembly 2019. Participants are, therefore, advised to arrange appropriate insurance coverage. This should apply not only to travel but also to cancellation costs.
By registering, participants acknowledge and consent that during their attendance at the EGU General Assembly 2019 their image or voice may be recorded via video, photograph, or any other means by an official of the conference. This content may be distributed or published at the discretion of the European Geosciences Union. If you do not wish to be recorded, you are required to formally advise the EGU Office in advance.