The opening times of the EGU General Assembly 2019 exhibition are as follows.
Monday, 8 April to Thursday, 11 April 2019: daily from 10:00 to 19:00.
Friday, 12 April 2019: 10:00–13:00. However, exhibitors are free to leave their booth open until 17:00. Exhibition in hall X2 (EGU & Friends) is open until 19:00.
Booth layouts, services, and equipment
There are two general types of booth layouts: booth and display (displays are reserved for not-for-profit organizations).
- A standard booth (small, medium, or large; booth numbers 01–62 and 101–120) consists of aluminium sections with white plastic-coated panels and one spotlight with 100 W per 6 m2. The front panel consists of an aluminium frame containing a white plastic-coated panel with the booth number, exhibitor's name, and logo (fascia board). As individual layouts of this fascia board are possible based on the exhibitor's CI, we encourage exhibitors to select this option in the online booking form and provide a respective layout design as a vector graphic file (.svg or .eps). The fascia board with a 4C print (CMYK) is included in the booth rental. Furniture is not included in the booth rental and must be ordered separately at our partner company, SYMA.
Packages: Booth package Small (2 × 3 m) | booth package Medium 3 (3 × 4 m) | booth package Medium 2 (2 × 6 m)
Dimensioning: Booth Small (2 × 3 m) | booth Medium 3 (3 × 4 m) | booth Medium 2 (2 × 6 m)
- A display (booth numbers X213–X218) consists of one poster surface (max. usable size: 1470 mm width × 2300 mm height),
one table (1300 × 780 mm), and two chairs. These displays are reserved for not-for-profit organizations only.
Booth scheme display
- All booths are provided with grey carpeting and 220 V electricity (single-phase, earthed, with 2 kW including one plug of 220 V). Power plug converters for different socket types are not provided. The power supply as described is only provided once per exhibitor (regardless of the number of rented booths).
- All booths are provided with a wired internet connection with 1 Mbps included in the booth rental. Higher-bandwidth connections can be ordered separately from our partner company, H82. Please note that you will receive a dynamic IP address for the internet connection. However, if you require a static IP address, please contact us by email.
- The rental includes cleaning and waste disposal on the set-up day (Sunday, 7 April 2019). However, cleaning and waste disposal during the conference week must be ordered separately from our partner company, SYMA.
- For any further technical equipment, additional furniture, catering, and other services, please see the supplier manuals.
Fascia board design
As an individual fascia board design following your corporate design is included in the rental price, we ask you to upload your prepared file as a vector graphic file (.svg or .eps). Depending on your booth layout (row or corner booth), you are asked to upload either one file or two files (long side and short side). The booth number must not be included in your design as it will be added by us. The deadline for uploading your fascia board design is 22 January 2019.
|Booth||Booth size||Layout||Required design size (long side)||Required design size (short side)|
|Small||2 × 3 m||row||2000 × 380 mm||–|
|Small||2 × 3 m||corner||2000 × 380 mm||2000 × 380 mm|
|Medium2||2 × 6 m||row||5000 × 380 mm||–|
|Medium2||2 × 6 m||corner||5000 × 380 mm||2000 × 380 mm|
|Medium3||3 × 4 m||row||3000 × 380 mm||–|
|Medium3||3 × 4 m||corner||3000 × 380 mm||3000 × 380 mm|
Set-up and dismantling
Set-up: exhibitors are expected to set up their display on Sunday, 7 April 2019, 09:00–18:00.
Dismantling: exhibitors in the Entrance Hall (Yellow Level 0) and on the Gallery (Green Level 1) are expected to take down their display on Friday, 12 April 2019, 13:00–18:00. Although the official end of the exhibition is Friday, 13:00, exhibitors are free to leave their booth open until 17:00.
Exhibitors in Hall X2 (EGU & Friends) are able to wrap their material after Friday, 19:00. Dismantling of your own stand construction is possible from 20:00. Due to the dedicated networking time slot 18:00–19:00 and the resulting security reasons, a dismantling of your own stand construction before 20:00 is not possible.
Exhibitors who deliver to IML directly by truck are kindly requested to use Gate 1 (Tor 1) for delivery or pick-up. Exhibitors who bring or remove their material by car only (not exceeding a vehicle height of 2 m) are kindly asked to proceed to Gate 4 (Tor 4). There will be freight elevators available from Gate 4 (Level -3) to the exhibition area (Yellow Level 0). Please note that parking at Gate 4 is not possible and the vehicle must be removed as soon as possible after having unloaded the material. Parking is possible on Deck 1 and Deck 2.
Exhibitors using a forwarding agency have to follow the instructions provided by IML. Those exhibitors will find their material in their particular booth. Your material has to be at the congress centre at the very latest on Wednesday, 3 April 2019 (the deadline for air freight to arrive at Vienna Airport is Monday, 1 April 2019).
Please note that neither the EGU nor the conference organizer, Copernicus GmbH, will cover any transportation or storage costs. The EGU reserves the right to apply a penalty fee to those exhibitors who dismantle their booth before Friday, 13:00, and to exclude those exhibitors from possible booth rentals at future EGU General Assemblies.
Limited parking is available. Exhibitors are encouraged to use public transit or taxi. Detailed information and parking fees can be found at Austria Center Vienna's website.
Security is provided in the exhibit area during all off-hours, and reasonable precautions to safeguard exhibitor property will be taken. However, there is no guarantee, and neither the EGU nor the conference organizer, Copernicus GmbH, is liable for any loss or damage. Thus, exhibitors are encouraged to remove any valuable items from the exhibit area each evening.